Abbott: Procurement Manager, Marketing in Illinois, US
Marketing Procurement iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Procurement Manager, Marketing
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
To find out more visit…..
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast changing businesses environments.
- Develops and implements procurement plans and strategies to support business needs.
- Leads projects/initiatives that have significant impact upon global business.
- Anticipates internal/external business challenges and drives change.
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Manage PO approvals – up to $2,000,000.
- Educates on existing solutions and enables performance and technical tools development.
- Develops supplier KPI’s and management. Drives value and savings for categories.
- Collaborates with matrix functional organizations.
- Leverages professional expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results.
- Leads the development of functional strategy. Leads change and innovation.
- Stimulates creativity and innovation in others.
- Promotes a Global Perspective.
- Defines category procurement strategy for Abbott.
- Aligns with overall strategy. Drives Total Cost of Ownership reductions for category.
- Understands the overall needs of multiple business units.
- Measures and tracks internal performance for Abbott users.
- Advises business unit(s) about similar strategies employed by other healthcare companies.
- Manages initiatives that span virtual teams across the world and across cultures.
- Partner with business leaders (Manager; Director) to manage and align the category.
- Closely collaborate with adjacent business departments; and external partners to ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services in line with agreed service levels.
- Partner and collaborate with key One Procurement staff of other Abbott divisions in order to support cross divisional business initiatives and explore Procurement synergies and efficiencies.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key category vendors as well as counterparts at other Healthcare/Consumer companies.
- Maintains strong relationships across various functions; demonstrates the value-add of leveraging and builds enthusiasm and support for adoption.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Continually look for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance and to provide overall value.
- Manages category projects across business unit and division wide when and where applicable.
- Participates in business projects based on category expertise.
- Leads project teams responsible for selection of category strategy.
- Responsible for people leadership. Recruits; mentors; trains and develops talent.
Click here to read the full specification